24/7 account access
View online and mobile banking
Routing Number: 312081089
PLEASE CAREFULLY READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS BEFORE AGREEING TO PARTICIPATE IN THE GECU FEDERAL CREDIT UNION (GECU) CARD CONTROL SERVICE (THE “SERVICE”). YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (“AGREEMENT”) AND REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU HAVE THE RIGHT, AUTHORITY, AND CAPACITY TO ENTER INTO THIS AGREEMENT.
Agreements. This Agreement is in addition to the terms and conditions contained in GECU’s other agreements with you and does not replace other agreements you have received from us including, without limitation, the GECU Terms and Conditions, Privacy Notice, Membership and Account Agreement, Electronic Funds Transfer Agreement and Disclosure, Online and Mobile Banking Agreement, and any applicable card agreement which are incorporated herein by reference.
The Service. The Service is offered by GECU Federal Credit Union (referred to herein as “GECU”, “us”, “we” or “our”). “You” and “your” refer to the card holder and user of this Service. The Card Control Service is designed to allow you to temporarily disable your GECU debit card and/or credit card in the event it is misplaced, lost, or stolen. Turning your card off does not cancel or deactivate your card permanently. You must contact our card services department at the number on the back of your card (1.800.810.2252) to do so.
The Service may also be used to send transactions alerts via SMS, email and push notifications and limit card usage based on merchant type, transaction type, location type and spending limits:
Access to these Services is limited to GECU’s mobile application, provided you have the compatible wireless hardware and software, and available via online banking.
The Service does not allow for the cancellation of authorized or pre-authorized debit and credit card transactions. It is not intended as a method for stopping payment on authorized or pre-authorized transactions. In accordance with Mastercard® Operating Rules, all transactions, for which there is a prior authorization, will be paid by GECU. This applies to authorizations made in both card present and card not present situations, and in cases of pre-authorized recurring transactions. Pre-authorized recurring transactions must be stopped in accordance with the agreement made with the merchant involved in the pre-authorizations.
Fees. GECU does not charge for use of the Service. However, in order for Transaction Alerts to be sent to your mobile telephone number(s), you must (i) own a two-way text message (or “SMS”) capable mobile phone that is registered on a carrier network, (ii) have enrolled in a data plan that includes use of your mobile handset’s SMS capabilities and (iii) ensure that your account remains in good standing with your wireless service carrier. You hereby acknowledge and agree that standard text messaging rates apply for each text message sent from and received by your mobile phone as determined by your wireless service carrier. You are solely responsible for such charges and any other charges from your wireless service carrier. You should contact your wireless service carrier for complete pricing details.
Transaction Alerts. Following your registration to receive Transaction Alerts sent to your mobile telephone number(s), the actual time between a transaction made with your Card that triggers a Transaction Alert and the time you receive such Transaction Alert is dependent on your wireless carrier’s service and coverage within the area in which you are physically located at that time. Your receipt of Transaction Alerts may not be available in all areas.
Eligibility. The Service is only available to individuals who are issued a GECU Mastercard® debit or credit card that is in good standing and eligible for the Service (“Card”). Note: Eligibility of a Card will be determined by us in our sole and absolute discretion. Our decisions with respect to your eligibility are final and binding. We reserve the right to terminate your participation in the Service at any time. You must qualify for online and mobile banking services in order to use the Service. You must adhere to the terms and conditions outlined in separate agreements, including, but not limited to, the GECU Online and Mobile Banking Agreement, and the Electronic Funds Transfer Agreement and Disclosure.
No Amendment of Existing Terms and Conditions For Cards. THE TRANSACTION ALERTS THAT ARE PROVIDED TO YOU THROUGH THIS SERVICE DO NOT AMEND, SUPPLEMENT, CHANGE OR REPLACE ANY OTHER NOTICE OR INFORMATION THAT YOU MAY RECEIVE IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR CARD ACCOUNT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED TO YOU ON YOUR PERIODIC STATEMENT OR CARD AGREEMENT.
1. No Warranties. Equipment, Computer, and Software. GECU, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, STAFF, REPRESENTATIVES, ASSIGNS, RELATED PARTIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR SERVICE PROVIDERS (COLLECTIVELY, “RELEASED PARTIES”) SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY RESPONSIBILITY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THE SERVICE OR EQUIPMENT. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF AND ACCESS TO THE SERVICE AND ANY EQUIPMENT ARE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE AND ANY EQUIPMENT USED TO MAKE AVAILABLE SUCH SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND AN “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS.
2. Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE LOSS OR DAMAGE FOR ANY BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR GOODWILL, LOSS OF USE EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE OR ANY CLAIM BY ANY THIRD PARTY. RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE IF THE SERVICE CANNOT BE PROVIDED (OR ANY PART THEREOF) OR FOR ANY FAILURE TO PERFORM ANY OBLIGATIONS CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT DUE TO, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, THE FAILURE OF ANY EQUIPMENT OR ANY INDUSTRIAL DISPUTE, WAR, FLOOD, EXPLOSION, ACT OF GOD OR ANY OTHER EVENT BEYOND OUR CONTROL.
IN ADDITION, NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING CONTRARY HEREIN, ALTHOUGH GECU WILL TAKE COMMERCIALLY REASONABLE PRECAUTIONS TO PROTECT THE SERVICE AND AVOID DELETION, CORRUPTION, UNAUTHORIZED MODIFICATION OR ACCESS OF OR TO THE SERVICE, AND TO PROVIDE THE SERVICE ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF FITNESS OR MERCHANTABILITY SHALL BE CONSTRUED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, AND RELEASED PARTIES SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO ANY FAILURE TO PROTECT THE SERVICE OR PROVIDE THE SERVICE ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED.
3. Indemnity. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Service in violation of this Agreement and/or arising from a breach of this Agreement and/or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth herein.
4. Exclusions and Limitations. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
5. Dispute Resolution. Any claim related to the use of any debit or credit card shall be handled in accordance with the dispute resolution provisions of the agreement governing your Card account.
Availability of Service. While we will make every effort to decline transactions while your card is in a deactivated state, we cannot guarantee that all such transactions will be declined due to circumstances beyond our control. You acknowledge that the deactivation function is reliant on computer and/or telecommunication systems. Disruptions to these systems may result in the authorization of transactions, even when the card is in a deactivated state. Reactivation of cards may be unavailable during certain times of the day. We will make commercially reasonable attempts to notify you of these times. Transactions are covered by the protections offered by Mastercard® and regulatory agencies, as described in the Electronic Funds Transfer Agreement and Disclosure.
You are responsible for monitoring your account activity, whether electronically or by checking your statements. Use of the Service does not override your responsibility to report unauthorized transactions in a timely manner as described in the Electronic Funds Transfer Agreement and Disclosure. GECU assumes no responsibility for failure of the Service to work in the expected manner, aside from the responsibilities put forth in said agreement.
Enforceability. We may waive enforcement of any provision of the Agreement. No waiver of a breach of this Agreement shall constitute a waiver of any prior or subsequent breach of the Agreement. Any such waiver shall not affect our rights with respect to any other transaction or to modify the terms of this Agreement. In the event that any provision of this Agreement shall be deemed to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable to any extent, the remainder of the Agreement shall not be impaired or otherwise affected and shall continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Amendment. We may change this Agreement at any time. We may add new terms and conditions and we may delete or amend the existing terms and conditions. You will generally be provided advance notice of any change. If the change is favorable for you, we may make the change at any time without prior notification. If you do not agree with the change, you may discontinue using the Service. If you continue using the Service, your continued use will be acceptance to the agreement changes.
Termination. We may terminate or suspend the Service, or your use of the Service, at any time. You may terminate your use of the Service at any time through GECU Online Banking or by giving notice to us. Your notice will not be effective until we receive your notice of termination and we have had a reasonable time to act upon it. Without limiting the foregoing, this Agreement may be terminated if you breach any term of this Agreement, if you use the Services for any unauthorized or illegal purposes, or if there is any violation to any of GECU’s agreements.
Contact Us. For additional questions regarding this Service please contact us at 1.800.772.GECU(4328), Monday–Friday: 9 a.m.–5 p.m. and Saturday: 9 a.m.–noon.
Last updated: 05/22/2023