GECU Member Benefits
Strong Then, Stronger Now
Join our family — it's easy!
Times have changed, but our principles have not. Our commitment to helping our members reach their financial potential remains stronger than ever. For us, the journey is just beginning - even after more than 85 years.
Membership is open to anyone within the communities we serve.
GECU is El Paso's largest locally owned credit union. We are also designated as a Community Development Financial Institution and federally insured by NCUA.
WE OFFER A WIDE SELECTION OF FINANCIAL PRODUCTS AND SERVICES,* INCLUDING …
JOIN TODAY AT ANY OF OUR GECU LOCATIONS.
Our field of membership includes...
- Those persons who work or reside in the County of El Paso, Texas;
- Employees of the U.S. Government, the Federal Reserve Bank and similar quasi U.S. Government organizations with headquarters or residence in El Paso, Texas or vicinity;
- Persons who are receiving retirement, pension, or other benefits as a result of prior employment by any business or organization included within this field of membership;
- Spouses of persons who died while within the field of membership of this Credit Union;
- Any business or organization whose employees or members are within this field of membership;
- Persons who work or reside in Dona Ana County, New Mexico, within a 25 mile radius of the GECU office located at 7410 Helen of Troy Drive in El Paso, Texas;
- Persons who work or reside in the County of Hudspeth, Texas;
- And members of the family of such persons.
*All loans subject to approval. Rates and terms based on borrower's credit qualifications and subject to change. Other conditions apply.