Strong Then, Stronger Now
Times have changed, but our principles have not. Our commitment to helping our members reach their financial potential remains stronger than ever. For us, the journey is just beginning — even after more than 88 years.
Membership is open to anyone within the communities that we serve.
GECU is El Paso's largest locally owned credit union. We are also designated as a Community Development Financial Institution and federally insured by NCUA.
WE OFFER A WIDE SELECTION OF FINANCIAL PRODUCTS AND SERVICES,* INCLUDING …
JOIN TODAY AT ANY OF OUR GECU LOCATIONS
Our field of membership includes ...
- Those persons who work or reside in the County of El Paso, Texas
- Employees of the U.S. Government, the Federal Reserve Bank and similar quasi U.S. Government organizations with headquarters or residence in El Paso, Texas or vicinity
- Persons who are receiving retirement, pension, or other benefits as a result of prior employment by any business or organization included within this field of membership
- Spouses of persons who died while within the field of membership of this credit union
- Any business or organization whose employees or members are within this field of membership
- Persons who work or reside in Dona Ana County, New Mexico, within a 25-mile radius of the GECU office located at 7410 Helen of Troy Drive in El Paso, Texas;
- Persons who work or reside in the County of Hudspeth, Texas
- And members of the family of such persons
*Must have a GECU share account to open a checking account. A one-time deposit of $20 in a GECU share account is all it takes.