Don’t worry — we’ve got you covered! Your GECU debit card and account are protected from fraud with our 24/7 fraud-detection programs that monitor your card transactions for any suspicious activity. If potential fraud transactions take place, we’ll contact you immediately to keep your checking account safe.
How we monitor your checking account
We automatically review account activity and alert you if we detect purchases outside of your normal purchasing patterns, timeframes, geographical locations, and/or if a purchase is consistent with previously identified fraud trends or patterns.
How we contact you
If there’s a suspicious transaction on your checking account, our Card Alert Notification service will automatically contact you via a phone call or text message, asking you to confirm if the transaction was authorized by you.
- The text message will arrive with a five-digit code (33748) and it will contain our financial institution name, dollar amount of the transaction and merchant name.
- You will be asked to reply with “Yes” if you authorized the transaction. You will receive a confirming text message and can continue to use your card with confidence.
- A “No” reply means you have not authorized the transaction. You will receive a confirming text message and you will be contacted immediately by a fraud specialist to protect your account. Please answer this important call.
- Do not reply to the text message with any personal or confidential card information.
- If you would like to opt out of receiving these important messages by text, you may reply with STOP to indicate this preference.
- The text-message feature is only for credit purchases using your GECU debit card. If fraud is suspected on the GECU Empowerment or GECU Rewards credit card, you will continue to receive a phone call.
Help us protect you
If you are traveling in the U.S. or to a foreign country for an extended period of time, contact us prior to your departure and we’ll note this geographical change as you make your departure.
Mobile Banking Alerts
Please ensure that your phone numbers are constantly updated so that we may better serve you. Remember that you may enroll to receive text-message alerts anytime by sending keywords to 454545. Log in to your online banking account for more details.