RESOURCES FOR REFINANCING YOUR HOME
- What do you need to refinance?
- Complete month of pay stubs and/or source of income documents including W2 forms
- Example: Social Security, pension, and/or other benefit award letters
- Complete tax return forms for the past two years if self-employed (current year extension if applicable)
- Current form of identification
- Example: state-issued driver's license or ID card, resident alien card, military ID
- Most recent bank statements, covering a two month period
- Verification of vested interest in retirement funds
- VA Purchase Only: Form DD214 (Member Copy 4) or continuous Active Duty Statement on official military letterhead signed by the Commanding Officer
- Existing Homeowners Insurance
- Survey (if applicable)
LOAN ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS
At GECU, we have programs to help you achieve your dreams of homeownership. Our friendly, knowledgeable professionals know what it means to buy a home and can help you find ways to help you open the door on your very own home.
Home Assist Program1:
GECU Community Development can help you qualify for up to $26,500 in home purchase assistance1 towards a beautiful home. The cost of the homes is $119,500 and you can choose options like floorplan, tile, appliances and more. Learn More
Welcome Home El Paso2:
Make homeownership a reality with this program that offers up to 5% of the amount of your home loan in down payment assistance(2) that you don't have to repay! GECU is the only lender in El Paso offering this program, ask us about it today!
(1) The Home Purchase Assistance Program is on a first-come, first served basis, and is subject to credit qualification, income criteria and period of affordability. The program is part of an NSPII grant from the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development. To be eligible for the program, household income must be at or below 120 percent of area median. (For example, in 2017 to receive up to $26,500 in home-purchase assistance and up to 3% of purchase price in settlement costs, a family of four could have a gross income of $62,900 to be eligible at 120% of median income.) The homeownership assistance also includes a minimum period of affordability determined by the amount of assistance a borrower receives: five years for up to $15,000, 10 years for more than $15k to $40k, and 15 years for more than $40k. To be eligible, the borrower must attend a four-day Homeowner Workshop (FEH) from HUD-approved housing-counseling agency, attend an NSPII orientation at EPAH, and pay a minimum of 3% of purchase price for down payment. Other conditions apply.
(2) This assistance program is brought to you by the El Paso Housing Finance Corporation, and is subject to qualification, income criteria and home-purchase price. The residence must be located within the El Paso city limits. Other conditions apply.