Right At Home Mortgage Loans
Apply NowPrequalifyWhether you’re buying your first home, refinancing the one you’re already in, or looking for a home equity loan, we’re more than your mortgage lender, we're your partner from start to finish. GECU's mortgage team knows what it means to buy a home. We're with you every step, so you can focus on what matters most.
Home Buying Education
Attend one of our free financial education seminars that can make you a home-buying expert...
- Financial Education and Homeownership seminar
- Home Buyer's seminar
Sign up for our seminar or view our free online education videos.
For more information, call our GECU mortgage team at 915.778.9221, toll-free at 1.800.772.4328 or visit one of our neighborhood branches.
Which Mortgage is Right for You?
Not every member’s the same – our mortgage loans aren’t either. We offer a variety of flexible mortgage options to fit your budget such as FHA Loans, Home Equity Loans, and much more!
GECU’s conventional mortgage loans are available at fixed rates and attractive repayment terms tailored to your individual needs. Our conventional loans are offered with minimal down payment requirements.
Insured by the Federal Housing Administration (FHA), FHA loans are for low to moderate income borrowers unable to make a large down payment. FHA loans are ideal for first-time home buyers.
For more information visit FHA.gov
Guaranteed by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), VA loans are offered to qualified borrowers serving or having served in the United States armed forces. Low to no down payment options with fixed rates and terms are available. For more information visit benefits.va.gov/homeloans/
HOME ASSIST PROGRAM (3)
GECU Community Development has beautiful homes for presale from Homes by Design for qualified borrowers, who may receive up to $26,500 in home purchase assistance.
The cost of the homes are $119,500, choose your floor plan, color scheme and all major appliances are included. View floor plans here
HOME EQUITY LOAN
Use a Home Equity Loan for debt consolidation, to replace the roof, update your kitchen, add an outdoor living space, landscape the front yard, make major purchases, and other large expenses.
HOME IMPROVEMENT LOAN
Whether it’s for smaller remodeling, repairs or landscaping projects, we have home improvement loans for up to $18,000.
Got your eye on that perfect property to build your dream home? Land Loans are available for purchase, refinance, or equity transactions with fixed rates and terms.
INVESTMENT PROPERTY LOANS
Ready to invest in rental property? GECU’s investment property loans are available to non-occupant borrower(s) wanting to purchase, refinance or obtain cash on one to four unit properties.
For more information, call a GECU mortgage professional at 1-915-778.9221, toll-free at 1-800-772-4328.
MORTGAGE LOAN FINANCIAL CALCULATORS
How much home can you afford? Is it the right time to refinance the one you’re already in? These financial calculators will help you make informed decisions for your housing needs and financial situation.
*All loans subject to approval.
The property must be located in the United States, within a 150-mile radius of El Paso County, to include Hudspeth County.
Certain fees and conditions apply.
Offer applies to purchase or refinance of primary and investment properties only.
The offer of up to $2,500 covers the following fees: origination, underwriting, processing and document-preparation fees.
Applicants must apply by December 11, 2017, and must close on their loan within three months from the date of application on existing 1–4-family dwellings or six months on new construction.
Membership-eligibility requirements apply.
(2) Information and interactive calculators are made available to you as self-help tools for your independent use and are used to quickly estimate the loan amount or monthly payment that fits your budget. This information is provided for illustrative purposes only. Rates are subject to change, and your loan terms may vary based on your individual circumstances.
(3) The Home Purchase Assistance Program is on a first-come, first-served basis, and is subject to credit qualification, income criteria and periods of affordability. The program is part of an NSPII grant from the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development. To be eligible for the program, household income must be at or below 120 percent of area median. (For example, in 2017 to receive up to $26,500 in home purchase assistance and up to 3% of purchase price in settlement costs, a family of four could have a gross income of $62,900 to be eligible at 120% of median income.) The homeownership assistance also includes a minimum period of affordability determined by the amount of assistance a borrower receives: five years for up to $15,000, 10 years for more than $15K to $40K, and 15 years for more than $40K. To be eligible, the borrower must attend a four-day Homeowner Workshop (FEH) from a HUD-approved housing-counseling agency, attend an NSPII orientation at EPAH, and pay a minimum of 3% of purchase price for down payment. Other conditions apply. Prosperus is a collaborative community-development initiative supported by GECU, El Paso Credit Union Affordable Housing LLC, El Paso Credit Union HOAP Inc., and other community partners. For a complete listing of our community partners, visit our website at myprosperus.org.
(4) Assistance program is brought to you by the El Paso Housing Finance Corporation and is subject to qualification, income criteria and home purchase price. The residence must be located within the El Paso city limits. Other conditions apply.
(5) All loans subject to approval. Certain fees and conditions apply. Learn how to become a member at gecu.com.
Frequently Asked Questions