Apply NowBe sure to attend one of GECU’s Home Buying Seminars to learn about the mortgage application process from start to finish.
- Apply for your mortgage loan*
Refinance your mortgage loan*
Apply for your home equity loan*
Apply for your home improvement loan*
- Find out about GECU’s mortgage loan programs for first-time home buyers
- To request a free copy of your credit report, visit www.annualcreditreport.com.
- To make the mortgage application easier, use the following checklist to complete your application.
Mortgage Loan Checklist
The following documents may be needed during your loan application process.
- Complete month of pay stubs and/or source of income documents including W2 forms
- Example: Social Security, pension, and/or other benefit award letters
- Complete tax return forms for the past two years if self-employed (current year extension if applicable)
- Current form of identification
- Example: state-issued driver’s license or ID card, resident alien card, military ID
- Most recent bank statements, covering a two month period
- Verification of vested interest in retirement funds
- Signed copy of earnest money contract/receipt for earnest money deposit and confirmation that check has cleared
- VA Purchase Only: Form DD214 (Member Copy 4) or continuous Active Duty Statement on official military letterhead signed by the Commanding Officer
Refinances/Home Equity Loans
- All documents outlined above
- Existing Homeowners Insurance
- Existing Mortgage Balance and/or Statement
- Survey (if applicable)
Additional documents may be requested if applicable
- Proof of child support for past 12 months
- Divorce decree(s)
It pays to be prepared. Here are some resources you can use to help you purchase your home.
*Loans subject to approval. Certain fees and conditions may apply. Property must be located in the United States within a 150 mile area of El Paso County, all of Hudspeth County and up to the international border, not to include Mexico.
For appointments or questions call GECU’s Mortgage Department at 1-915-778-9221, toll-free at 1-800-772-4328.
- Privacy Notice
- Terms and Conditions
- Home Mortgage Disclosure Act
- Equal Housing Opportunity Lender
- Equal Credit Opportunity Act Fair Lending Notice
Frequently Asked Questions