Make a One-Time Payment
We know your time is valuable. Please remember loan payments made from a GECU account are free and simple to make using Online Banking. Please use the “my account” login above to access your GECU account. If you are not enrolled in online banking or would like to setup a GECU checking or savings account, please call 915-778-9221 or toll free at 1-800-772-4328 or visit any branch.
If you want to make your loan payments from accounts at another financial institution we also offer two self-service options for a convenience charge.
Web Portal payments can be made with a credit or debit card. To use this service you’ll need to create an account. To make your payment you’ll need your member number, your date of birth and the last four digits of your Social Security number. There is a $5 convenience charge for this service. Please click here to make your payment using the web portal.
Pay-by-phone payments can be made by using a touchtone phone. You’ll need your loan number and zip code to make your payment. There is a $5 convenience charge for this service. Please call 915-778-9221 or toll free at 1-800-772-4328 and press 2 to make your payment by phone.
You can set up a recurring payment from the account of your choice. There is a one-time charge of $15 for this service. If you stop the recurring payment and set it up again at a later date, you will need to pay the convenience charge again.
If you’d like to make a payment from an account at another financial institution through a GECU Call Center representative, there is a $15 charge for each transaction.
- Q: Why is there a convenience charge?
- A: GECU incurs expenses for processing loan payments from accounts at other financial institutions. Prior to this service, payments were processed manually by Call Center Representatives. The new self-serve option allows you to easily view your transaction history.
We encourage you to make GECU your primary financial institution by setting up a checking account, enrolling in online banking and setting up monthly payments through our online Bill Pay service. We also have real-time deposit taking ATMs and over 32,000 surcharge free ATMs as part of our co-op network nationwide.
- Q: What are the charges?
- A: The convenience charge for using the pay-by-phone system or web portal is $5. If a GECU Call Center Representative processes the payment, the charge will be $15. A recurring payment can be set up by GECU Call Center at no cost. There is no fee to stop and restart a recurring payment for promotional skip a payments.
- Q: What do I need to make my payment?
- A: To make a payment via the phone system you’ll need your loan number and zip code; to pay via the Web Portal, you’ll need your member number, your date of birth and the last four digits of your Social Security number.
- Q: What do I need for the Web Portal?
- A: To pay online, you’ll need to visit mygecu.org/loan-payments and set up an account for the online payment system. If you can’t remember your username or password, you’ll be asked to set up a new account with the online payment system.
SWBC administers the web portal and cannot reset passwords. Payments made through GECU online or mobile banking are free and easy to make. If new loans are established or if you didn’t select all your loan accounts during registration you’ll need to reregister.
- Q: Why can’t I see my loan on the web portal?
- A: Loans are searchable by the borrower and co-borrowers names. You will not be able to see a loan if you are not listed as a borrower on unless you have the information required to access that loan. The web portal will only display your loan accounts. Also, a loan must be in good standing to be accessed via the system.
- Q: Can I pay less than the minimum?
- A: The Web Portal and the pay-by-phone system will accept less than the minimum payment due. On mortgage accounts the payment will be posted as unapplied until the full amount is received. Payments are limited to $2500 or less per transaction. If you are locked out or past due on your loans, you’ll need to call the Call Center or visit your local branch to get your loan back in good standing.
- Q: What types of loans can I pay?
- A: You can make payments on mortgages, personal loans, auto loans, ready credit, lines of credit and credit cards using these new features.
- Q: How will I know my transaction was successful?
- A: For web portal payments, you will receive an emailed confirmation letter. For pay-by-phone, you will be provided your payment tracking number, you will need to write your tracking number down as it is provided to you.
Para leer esta información en Español presione aqui.