LOCAL CAR FINANCING DONE RIGHT
APPLY NOW In the market to buy a new car? Want to know how to refinance the one you already own? We’re here to help! Whether it’s a new or used car, truck, SUV or RV — with our competitive, low rates and flexible loan options, you’ll find an auto loan in El Paso that works for you at GECU. We make it easier to afford the vehicle you want with reasonable monthly payments.1
Join our family — it's easy!2
GET A LOW-RATE AUTO LOAN WITH NO PAYMENTS FOR 90 DAYS*
Right now is the perfect time to get a new or used car with no payments for 90 days! Take advantage of low rates and this special offer when you apply for a GECU auto loan or ask the dealership for GECU financing.
What do I need to do before buying a new or used car?
It pays to be prepared — before buying that new or used car, truck or SUV, do your research. What you learn now could save you time and money later.
Use this car-buying checklist:
- Check loan rates
- Research and compare
- Check new vs. pre-owned vehicle pricing
- Check insurance quotes
- Shop El Paso dealers
- Check your credit
- Calculate your payment
- Apply now
- Make shopping for a new car easier with these tips:
- Compare auto insurance to include liability, comprehensive and collision insurance.
- Car-loan interest rates are based on your credit score. Order your free annual credit report to check your credit history and credit score at annualcreditreport.com.
- Estimate your car payment with GECU’s loan calculator.
- Visit Carfax.com to find out the condition and history of the used car. Estimate the value with NADA.com.
- Prices are negotiable — shop around, test-drive different vehicles and visit dealer websites.
- Find the rate that fits your lifestyle and take advantage of all rebates and dealer incentives when available.
- Extra financing to protect your vehicle and your loan will add to your monthly payment. Discuss these benefits and costs with the dealership:
- Service agreements
- GAP insurance
- Life and disability insurance3
- Figure in monthly costs for maintenance, servicing and fuel usage
- Understand the loan details, including amount financed, term, interest rate and payment amount before signing
When you're ready to make an offer on that new vehicle, remember to ask for GECU financing.
Sources: Ask.com and smartsense.com.
*All loans are subject to approval. Rates and terms are based on borrower’s credit qualifications and subject to change. Promotional periods and refinancing do not apply to existing GECU loans. Interest accrues over the 90-day nonpayment period. Other conditions apply. Learn more about how you can join. Click here.
1All loans are subject to approval. Other conditions apply.
2Learn more about how you can join. Click here.
3The purchase of insurance is not required to apply for an auto loan.